Friday, March 19, 2010

He's a hero...

(This post is from Aubrey's mom, because she will never take credit for all the good things she does)


He's a hero...


...to me too.




Preston, that is, is a hero to me. He was the one of 800 children in his elementary school chosen to speak at the Freedom Assembly on his hero, his dad, Chris. He spoke of his dad being his hero and that his mom is a hero too. It was a beautiful reminder of what this country is made of...heroes like Chris, Aubrey...and Preston.










...and Preston's grandpa is a hero too, for taking him aside and praying with him that Preston would have courage to stand before a VERY large audience and not be afraid. Preston said it worked, that it made him feel so much better. Thank you Matthew for being Preston's hero today too.

4 comments:

Erin said...

It takes a lot of courage to speak in front of that many people. Great job Preston, we are proud of you!!

Shay said...

Awesome job Preston, you look so big up there, and your hair is getting so long, looks good. Wish I could have heard it.

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there...I'm all teared up thinking about all of your heroes! I'm glad your Grandpa is always thinking about prayer - it does make a difference! Love you, kid!

Kim said...

I really wanted to be there. Brian and Bryson said he did a awesome job. Way to go Preston!