Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Back and Forth of it all...

In early August I was assigned to travel to another FOB to fix the problems they were having. I was anticipating only staying on ground for two or three weeks, but was later directed to stay longer. No problem, however, I have been back and forth to Bagram because of issues there that had to be resolved as well.

I am pleased to say that for the most part the problems that needed fixing are mostly fixed. I can't take too much of the credit, even though I had a hand in it, it wasn't really all that hard to fix. It simply took a little effort to go out and talk to the right people. Amazing what a little communication, friendly communication, can do to fix things. My thanks and appreciation go out to the soldiers who work for me that were able to take what we were given and make it successful. We came up with a plan and they put it into play and everything is running so much smoother than before. The Lord has blessed to be successful.

Soon I will be heading home, not just back to Bagram, but home to Utah to be with my wonderful family who have loved and supported me. They give me hope and joy and Aubrey is truly an inspiration. She has rarely complained and has shown tremendous strength during this challenging time. I am blessed to have her as my eternal companion.

1 comment:

Coil Fam said...

Chris, how sweet! We are so DONE, you heard me D-O-N-E, with you being gone. If I am missing you as much as I am, I can't imagine how Aubrey and you are each feeling. School has been a pleasant distraction, but we celebrated another holiday without you yesterday. Luke told me the other day you would be home to take him trick-or-treating, so I hope you make it home by Oct. 30 to walk the walk of goblins and ghouls with your sweet kids. Keep updating the blog, it makes us all feel like you are thinking of Aubrey and helps us to know you are as excited to come home as we are to have you home. And if you haven't checked lately, I put pictures of Abbie and Madison on my blog. Enjoy!