Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Hardest Part Is...

... waking up in the morning knowing that I am alone in my room and my eternal companion is not there with me.

... not being able to stand in the doorways to my kids' rooms and watch them sleeping.

... knowing that my kids have all started school, except Luke as he starts next week, and I couldn't be there to give them a father's blessing.

... missing out on all the little things and sometimes the big things my family has done while I've been away.

... not being able to hold Aubrey, Preston, Madison, Abigail, and Luke in my arms and just hug them.

... that time doesn't seem to be going as fast as I would like.

... my wardrobe is pretty much the same day in and day out (just kidding, I mean it is but it's not really a big deal).

Everything else doesn't really matter. I mean if you don't have family, a solid, strong family, you don't really have anything.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Chris, you made me cry. You are a wonderful father and husband, I can't wait for you to be home with them again. Keep up the great work!!! We are always thinking of you. You are missed.

Coil Fam said...

I was thrilled to look at Aubrey's blog and see Chris's update, however I started reading it and couldn't finish it. I talked to Aubrey and she said she started reading it and couldn't finish. D. called and tried to read it to me and couldn't finish. I am amazed at how well you are handling a very difficult situation. God's tender mercies keep us all going, but especially soldiers and their families are blessed. We all love and pray for you each and every day.

Unknown said...

Toph, I pray everyday that time will feel like it's speeding by for you & for your sweet family. I am choked up...I am grateful for your Father-in-Law, who no doubt gave those blessings in your behalf. It's not the same, but it's the 2nd best thing...& while those hugs have to wait a little while longer I know they'll last a little longer & mean a little more because everyday that passes without you here is not the same.

You are a wonderful man. I love you, bro! Thank you for making me cry - tears well spent, I'd say!