Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Disney!


We made it! Finally, after a year of feeling guilt, sadness and failure. I helped Abigail finally fullfill a dream. A week after Chris came home we went on our celebratory trip to California. Five days of parks, walking, sightseeing, climbing, riding, eating, shopping, and more walking. Very exhausting but very rewarding. And the very first thing we did was for Abigail. A year ago we missed her most favorite character at Disney. (Mom was in a rush to see everything and bypassed this place.) So here is to Abbie and her favorite cartoon.


The excitement is building. She can hardly stand it. For a year everytime we talked about our trip Abbie would remind me of who we didn't see.

Tinkerbell! That's right Abbie finally met her and loved every minute of it. That was the first time I have seen her this speechless. I don't think she even giggled.


She loved every minute of this precious moment. So here's to Abbie and her hero. Way to go girls.




Abigail also had the chance to duel with Darth Vader. She had the force. Again, all 4 kids were picked to train as Jedis. It was awesome. I so loved that they were all picked. Abbie, was picked as the the special Jedi in training to fight Vader and knock him down. The Master couldn't get her to stop giggling long enough to knock over the troopers. She had the whole crowd laughing. It was great. If you look at the pic above you can see the clone troopers falling back as she uses the force.


What great parents we are. One of my favorite rides is Splash Mountain. I love long log rides. We made all the kids go on this ride. If you know anything about our kids it is that Prest hates rides. IF it goes higher than about 15 feet he won't go near it. Well, our luck is that has rubbed off onto fearless Lukers. He was at one point fearless, and now with the great influence of big brother he has no desire to go on "BIG" rides. He squeezed the life out of my arms on this ride as he clung to me. At the end Chris got this great pic of him. I am sorry but it was well worth it.



This is the first family trip that I actually let Chris take pics of me and not erase them. I have thrown a few in. Finally getting over the feeling of ugly pics. Might as well enjoy life and have some proof for years to come.



The girls chillin' with Chris. They kept him busy. It was great to be with him.



Toontown is one of our favorite places to goof off! The only problem was they couldn't keep us in jail.








Mickey Mouse's house. It is so much fun. They have done an amazing job with his house. It is a neat place to explore.




No explanation needed. At least I hope.









Oh yeah! Who's the tough one?! Obviously me. Wait...




Preston cheated. You can't use fingers.




The girls are in Heaven!





Still the strongest. Sorry Chris.











Luke could not get enough of Mickey and his house. He was lovin' the place. I really think he would live there if he could and if they had nintendo.



Preston needs some practice.


I think that Luke got to see Mickey 3 times and was still asking to see him again. He had so much fun. So while the girls and Chris were riding big rides I took the boys to see him again, and again, and well anyways you get the picture. Actually you see the picture.



Disneyland really is the place where Dreams do Come TRUE! Madi is the one child that has had a hard time growing up. She would still play dress up if we could find outfits her sizes. So there we were at the princess shop and sure enough we found a Cinderella dress her size. She couldn't hardly stand it. Madi had it on before we could even pay for it. She could not stop smiling. She then was able to meet her favorite character. Perfect ending to a good day. Love ya Mads!





3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Perfect end to a very long year. I am so happy you got to have this week long happy experience in the happiest place on earth. I don't know what is funnier...Luke crying on the ride or Abbie speechless? It's hard to picture either one. Thanks for finally putting these pictures on the blog. I love you!

Erin said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I love all of your pictures!! I am so glad you guys had a great time, you deserved it! And I don't know what you are talking about, I have never seen a bad picture of you!

Kim said...

I to made all my kids go on splash Mountain and the twins HATED IT! (what is wrong with them...next time I'll go with you) I have a pic just like that of the twins (like Luke) hating that ride! So glad you had a fun time! You guys deserved it!