Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trip to Italy, part I

My group left on the red-eye from SLC Int'l airport at 12:05 AM MST on January 3rd going to JFK in New York. We arrived in New York at 6:30 AM EST. From there we had a twelve hour lay over until our flight for Venice. That's a long time to spend in an airport so we decided to go find the USO. We asked a Delta Airlines employee and she informed us that JFK doesn't have a USO, which I found surprising. We also asked her where to check in for international flights and she said right here and asked us to wait for her, she would be right back. About 45 minutes later she came back and checked us all in and then took us to the airline's Gold Crown Club where we spent the rest of the day until it was time to go to our gate.

If you have never been in the Gold Crown Club, which up until now I never had, it is the 'rock star treatment' as one of my soldiers put it. The chairs are way more comfortable, the amenities are much nicer, and we had access to free food and drink while we were there. It was way better than hanging out in the regular airport all day. Way, way better. More later...

4 comments:

Shay said...

Free food and drinks, score!! Hope you have a wonderful time, and keep updating.

Coil Fam said...

Love the update. I wish Aub's could be there and I know you do too. I've always wondered what goes on behind those doors at the airport. I'm heading up tomorrow to help paint Abbie's room. You will come home to some fun new colors upstairs. Be safe, take pictures, say your prayers and remember we love you.

The Perks of Life! said...

Question? Aren't you home now?! Maybe it's time for an update about the rest of the trip and some pictures. And Aubrey I saw a news flash today that said, Abigail Tyler has the cutest room ever! And it's true. I think you should write about it, or write something. I haven't seen you or heard from you in a while, thus the blogging world is what keeps us connected. Love ya.

D said...

Hey maybe if I write and ask when the next post will be coming then maybe you will get a hint that we want to hear form you. I love the Tyler 6 and need some more updates like what are the kids working on in school, how is primary, are you working on any quilts. Anything will do just post something. Love ya D.