Wednesday, November 4, 2009

On our own...

Sunday was the big day. Chris and his soldiers left. First he will be in Fort Dix, New Jersey; from there he will head overseas. All will be well. We had a wonderful last week with him. We went to the movies, out to dinner, Chris took some of the kids swimming, (Abbie had the flu, but not the piggie flu.) but mostly we just hung out. Chris' parents watched the kids and he took me racing. There is an awesome indoor go-kart place in Layton. We raced a bunch of young men that were there for their activity. I am just happy I didn't take last. We had our annual Coil Halloween party. It was a blast. Amy came down from Washington to say good-bye to her brother. It was wonderful.
Sunday Jim, Peggy, and I took Chris to the airport. The kids did not want another good-bye. I didn't want to deal with all emotions that come with it, and Mads was sick with the flu, but not piggie flu. So bless Amy's heart she watched the kids for me. It was nice to know that they were taken care of. When I got home I changed and went to a ward council meeting. As I was walking in the door Preston was in the kitchen. He had made a big pot of mac-n-cheese for the kids and was dishing it out. I am so proud of him. He is such a wonderful child. He knows how to take charge and does without being asked.
I know that we will make it through. Heavenly Father is watching over us and protecting us. All will be well. God be with you Chris until we see you again.

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I second everything you said. Aubrey, you are blessed to have Preston, you are blessed to have made all those precious memories the last few weeks, you are blessed by a large, supportive (obnoxiously involved) family and you are going to be OK, all 6 of you. I love Chris for his sacrifice. I love your kids for their sacrifice. I love you for your sacrifice. People all around the world are praying everyday for our soldiers and their families. You are an example of faith and fortitude. God bless America!

Unknown said...

When you were leaving you asked Preston to help me make breakfast...he was awesome! He started to pour the waffle batter & almost poured the whole lot! That's when he told me it was his first time pouring the batter - he did great...& Abs scrambled some great eggs - you are blessed with some great kids! No one balked about helping me clean up, since I don't know where everything goes & couldn't reach...can't say I'm surprised that PJ made lunch - my friend said he's stepping up to his Priesthood duties early & that makes her heart swell - mine, too! I am so proud to be their auntie! I love them & the sacrifice ALL of you are making chokes me up everyday! Pretty much what your Mom said...

Erin said...

I am so sad that I missed these posts!! You have such an amazing family. There really is something special about you,Chris,Preston, Madi, Abi and Luke. I love it when Emry plays with her cousins because she loves and looks up to them so much. I couldn't ask for greater examples for my children. I am so grateful for what Chris is doing. You should be so proud. Love you!!