Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He's ONE Whole Hand!!!!!

I can't believe it. Luke is 5 years old. How the time does fly. He has been one of my greatest blessings. I have been so lucky to have such a friend. I cherish the moments I get to spend with him. He is so energetic, happy, playful, mysterious, friendly, shy, bashful, joyful, strong willed, and very loving.
For four years I thought we would never get rid of burpie. Every where we went burpie was along for the ride. One day he handed me all his clean burpies and said I could throw them away. I asked him if he was sure. He said that he was a big boy and didn't need them anymore, and he was not going to suck his thumb anymore. He has never looked back.
So much of his childhood consists of his best friend the burpie, and puppy.

If I ever needed to get him to sleep all I had to do was give him burpie and take him for a drive. The magic was his thumb. He gave that up over night too. I don't think most adults could break a habit cold turkey, and he did all of it in one day.

He is always smiling and so happy. His best bud is Prest. He sure does love his brother. I know there are times when Prest wants to be alone or play with friends without a tag-a-long, but Luke sure does love him. Thank You Prest for always being patient with Luke. You are a great example to him.
He has always loved having his picture taken. He especially loves when he is in the center. Most of the pics of him consist of someone else trying to squeeze in.

No matter what he has always found a way to scare mom. He will always be a true boy. If climbing, mess, mud, cars, trucks, wheels, or tools are involved Luke will be in the middle of it. He will find a way to keep up with the others and do what he can.

He was a precious gift from God and I am very thankful for him. He is my bud, my friend and my son. Happy Birthday Luke!




Hey Luke even though we celebrated your birthday the whole week you are still only 5. One whole hand. Love you, MOM.

2 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Great trip down memory lane. I can't believe he's a whole hand either, but I have enjoyed every second watching him from newborn to age 5, or is that 6? I love you Lukee!!!

Erin said...

I remember when we first moved to Utah Luke was so little. I remember all of us going to the lake and he ate lots and lots of dirt caked cheetos. I thought that was so funny. I have just loved watching him grow!