Thursday, October 8, 2009

Disneyland!


We had the best time ever! What a blast. Disney was the best way to end our quick trip. It was a beautiful day.


Okay, so I still haven't figured out how to rotate the pics. I did it on our software and then when it transferred it went back to the original. Anyways, Luke my ever inquisitive kid keeps asking me when we will go to the real Disneyland. I told him we did. His reply is that we didn't because that is not a real castle and he did not get to go in. He is in a sense disappointed. It is quit entertaining to have this conversation with him when ever he sees a commercial for Disneyland. He keeps telling me we need to go back and find the real Disney and the real castle. I love that kid. What a hoot!


The three younger kids wanted ears. Ever since Luke found out we were going all he could talk about was getting Mickey Mouse ears. He smiled from ear to ear when we found the perfect pair. Abbie had her name written in yellow on the back. She was so excited because yellow is her color. Madi always the princess in fairytales found Princess Minnie ears. She was so in heaven.
The kids couldn't wait for their pics with Mickey. It was so much fun. That is pretty much what Luke wanted to do.





Toontown was darling. We didn't stick around. I was in a hurry to get to Splash Mountain. I wanted to do some rides. Next time we will take an afternoon and hang out at Toontown. The kids loved seeing all the cartoon houses.


Madi with Brear Bear. She is so into bears and had a blast on Splash Mountain. She loved every minute of being where dreams do come true.


The ever happy Luke. Lovin' life now that he has his ears. It truly made his day.

I don't know what is up with her face but it was the best pic I had of her. I love her big bow with the ears. Every kid needs a pair of ears.

Preston our ever brave boy who just absolutely loves to ride rollercoasters was so thrilled to wait in line that he didn't know what to do. To say the least, he did a lot of sitting around and watching us ride. He was a good sport though. He loved to tease the girls and dress up while at it. He doesn't know I got this pic of him. But I can now say that boys love to dress up as much as girls do.
Disney was great. We had the time of our life. It wasn't enough. There is still a lot there that we missed. Hopefully when we go next time we will have more than one day. The kids were perfect, no major melt downs, happy faces and a good time. What a way to finish the summer. I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lukers! I want to go to the REAL Disneyland, too! I know it's out there somewhere with the castle we can go inside & explore! I was 26 the 1st time I went & was soooo disappointed it was so small & I couldn't even go inside! Someday, we'll find it, my friend! Until then this Disneyland will have to do! LOVE YOU!