Tuesday, June 21, 2011

15 Years and Counting

June 20, 1996 was a special day. The day my new life started. The day I married my sweetheart. Chris and I have now been married for 15 years, we have 4 children, a dog, and a house. You would think it sounds like the typical American family. Yet, in these past few weeks I have learned we are not the typical family we are special. We have made it through challenges, heartache, trials and separations. (Not marital separation, but military.) If there were ever times where life would get rocky we would come closer together as husband and wife and endure the challenge. Life without Chris would be so hard. (I know I did it for 2 years.) I can't imagine my life without the father of my children being by my side.

So here's to Chris. The man who makes sure I am home with my children. The man who will come home from work late because he is picking the kids up from swim. The man who proudly puts on a white shirt and tie every Sunday and sets an examle for Preston. The man who treats me like a lady and let's Madison and Abigail see how they should be treated someday by their future spouse. The man who proudly wears his military uniform and loves our country so much that Luke knows what it means to be a true soldier. The man who laughs with me, cries with me, listens to me, but most importantly loves me.

Love You Chris more and more. May the next 15 years be as adventerous and funfilled and exciting as the last 15 have.

2 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Definitely all true. Chris is amazing and so are you. Here's to the next 15!

Lindsey Ramage said...

What a great post! I loved reading how you feel about your love! Happy Aniversary!