Saturday, September 5, 2009

We are blessed.

Last night Chris and I went out to dinner. We decided to go to Chilis for the 2 for $20 deal. We finished dessert and were waiting for our waiter to bring us our check. It took him a few minutes and then he showed up with no check in hand. We had a very interesting conversation with him. By the way Prince was the name of our waiter. Not kidding his actual real name.

Chris: "Can we get our check?"
Prince: "You guys are taken care of."
Chris: "What do you mean we are taken care of?"
Prince: "You're military, right?"
Chris: "Yes, I am."
Prince: "Well someone wanted to take care of you, they paid your bill. It's taken care of, don't worry about it."
Chris: "Are yo serious? Someone paid my bill?!"
Prince: "Yes."
Chris: "Well who was it?"
Prince: "I don't know, someone."

Chris and I sat there totally stunned and humbled by this experience. Someone we don't know who knew that Chris was leaving and saw us there. They picked up our tab to thank Chris for his service. I think I know who it was. I saw someone there from our ward. All I have to say is thank you for your service, support, and especially your love. We will always be greatful for that wonderful gesture.

1 comment:

Coil Fam said...

i have been WAY slow at commenting about this experience, but it doesn't mean i haven't been thinking about it. HOORAY for patriotism. I was driving to seminary at 5:43 A.M. this morning and it dawned on me that today is Sept. 11. The Big 9/11! Memories flooded back of that horrible day when, as the country song goes, "the world stopped turning." None of us who were alive that day will ever be the same. How grateful I am for the heroes of the world who saved so many, many who gave their lives trying and the many who have kept trying to keep us safe that day. We love you Chris and Aubrey. God Bless America