Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My BIGGEST PET PEEVE

Okay, so one of my biggest peeves are people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long. I can't stand it. It looks so tacky and I especially can't stand when they are falling off and no one does anything. So with that being said we are the tacky people this year. After I found out Chris was leaving and that he would not be home this fall I asked him to leave the lights up. It just doesn't feel like Christmas unless we have lights. I love the glow and feeling of coming home to a house lit up. Well the year has been hot and the lights have not lasted. Unfortunately they are coming down.


So today they finally fell. So sad to see them go.
I was hoping they would last. I guess we will have to put lights in the windows this year.

There is no way I am going up there and fixing them. Chris will be taking them down today.

SO much for being festive. I wonder if I could staple them in place?


3 comments:

Shay said...

That is so funny Aub. I remember when you told me you were just going to leave them up. I can't stand it either, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You have a great support system there in UT, someone will put them back up for you.

Love you and miss you.

Coil Fam said...

Seriously Aubrey! You DO NOT need to worry about lights. You have lots of family around here that will help. I would be happy to help. I am happy to volunteer your dad, or Jake, or Caleb, or Mike to put up your lights;)

Kathryn said...

I am cracking up...Did you turn them on every night too? You know, Christmas in July is very popular! THere is no doubt in my mind that you will probably have people lining up to help you put up Christmas lights. Funny!