Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lukeisms

Okay, so I am still trying to figure out how the brain of a 4 year old functions. Sometimes the things this kid says are so far out we are laughing with tears rolling. For example tonight at dinner was some serious drama of a very tired little Luke.
Chris: Madi would you please say the prayer?
Madi starts to say the prayer.
Luke: (crying through the prayer) I wasn't ready! You can't say it. That's not fair. I want to say it!
Madi is done and Luke has tears streaming down his face. Yelling at Chris that he wanted to say the prayer. So here is the conversation between Chris, Luke and Fam.
Chris: Luke, did you want to say the prayer?
Luke: Yes, but you didn't ask me.
Mom: Can I help you say the prayer?
Luke: No, my dragon friend is going to help me.
Mom: Well get him to help you.
Luke: You have to call him.
Mom: Dragon friend come here!
Luke: No you have to call him by any name.
Chris: What's his name?
Luke: Any name.
Chris: Well can you call him?
Luke: No, you have to call him on the wall.
Prest: What's his number?
Luke: 801


To say the least dragon friend never showed and Chris helped Luke say the prayer while the rest of tried to keep kool-aid from coming out of our noses.


Dani: Hey Luke why aren't you laughing?
Luke: I can't laugh
Dani: Why not?
Luke: (With serious face) My shadow stole my laugh. It is now gone and I can't laugh

I was laying on the couch one day and Luke came and put his head on my belly. Here is what he had to say.
Luke: Mom do you like lions?
Mom: Yes, why?
Luke: Your tummy sounds like you ate a lion.
Mom: Why?
Luke: Your tummy is growling.



To say the least we love this kid and he has been a great addition to the fam. We have had some wonderful laughs together as we go through life looking through the eyes of a 4 year old.


One last thing to say. Every Monday we go to the nursing home and help the elderly play bingo. All the residents get a kick out of the little boy who never stops. His poor mom has her hands full.
I wouldn't want it any other way.

4 comments:

kaylee coil said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Lukeisms are the best. I have heard a few of them myself. Remember when we thought he would never talk, now when he's here I wonder if he ever stops talking. You should ask him to draw a picture of his friend the dragon. It would be great to see things through Luke's eyes. SO FUNNY!!!!

Kathryn said...

Four year olds are the best. To bad we don't live closer to get Luke and Emily together. Although maybe its better that way...I am sure that they could get into a lot of trouble together. We haven't had the dragon conversation over the prayer but we have had the tears because she "wasn't ready!" :-)

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, those are so hilarious!! love that boy!!!

Unknown said...

I can't stop laughing...he's hilarious! I love you, Lukers! Now, if he & I could just catch a bird (like he suggested in the Spring) & fly all would be right with the world!