Saturday, August 8, 2009

We TRI'd and Liked It

Today Lala and I did our very first full tri. It was awesome. I had a blast. Although it was backwards. Here we are at the start getting ready to run.
Dad and mom brought the three kids and cheered us on. Thanks Dad for being my cheerleader. You have always cheered me on. Mom thanks for bringing the kids.
Abbie and Luke were so excited. It was great to have them there.
Still waiting to start. They started 10 minutes late because of the rain earlier. They were waiting for the roads to dry a little before the start.
I love this shot of Lala.
Finishing the run. Ran 3 miles in 31 min. 24 seconds. Took 30 seconds off my time. I am so proud. I ran the whole time.
Next was the bike. Ready set pedal.
They are so cute.
Almost done. Can't wait to swim.
The swim was the best. I loved it!
And now I'm done! YEAH!

Congrats Lala. WE did it!
Madi hand in hand with Lala. She loves her so much.




P.S. When you swim make sure to take your phone out of your bra before you get in the pool. I didn't and now I have no phone.Overall it was a great success. I am hooked for life now and can't wait for the next one.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of both of you...way to go!
& like I said on the phone I am also glad that I am not the only one who has successfully drowned my phone - you rock!
xoxo =)

Shay said...

Good job Aubrey, I look forward to the day when I can do one with you too.

Erin said...

Wow, you girls are really showing up the boys! I am impressed.
The yard is amazing! You should put a Lawson Landscaping sign in your yard and advertise for Jake. I bet your neighbors would love the same quality.

-Mikey

Coil Fam said...

I love the picture of you and Lauren with your dad. He was always there for you. You couldn't ask for a better cheerleader. I am so proud of both of you for TRI-ing.

danilawson said...

I will do it with you someday. I am so happy for you and so proud that not only did you do it, but you have already signed up for your next one. I love you and am so happy for you.

The Perks of Life! said...

I am so lucky to have you as my sister. That day was so fun all because of you. Thanks for cheering me on! Hopefully next time I won't freak out in the pool. I didn't even tell you about the looks I was getting from the lifeguards. :) J/K but really swimming is an awkward thing for me and I hope a year from now I'll live A LOT closer to you so that we can go together. Thanks for inspiring me. AUBREY YOU DID AMAZING!!! And P.S. your yard makes your house look huge! Well it is big, but it makes it look even bigger. I'm excited to see it. Hopefully sooner than later. Love you.