Friday, January 8, 2010

Finally...

After four weeks of using someone else computers, in-laws, parents and sis I am back. It feels so good to be connected again. I love it. So here is the update.
On December 7 Chris' Grandpa Young passed away. It was good. He was surrounded by his family in his home just the way he wanted it. His funeral was on December 14, and was peaceful and very well attended by family and friends. Chris' mother Kathy stayed with me and the kids. We had an enjoyable time with her.
December 22, I went to a bread making class by my cousin. She runs a fun website www.breadmadeeasy.com (Plug for ya Linds.) It was fun. The only time I have ever made bread by hand without a machine was when I was in High School and it was homework. But this bread is the yummiest. I finally made my first loaf this past week and the kids have told me to just make bread and quit buying it. I think I will. I think I will make cinnamon rolls today. Something that isn't out of a can. That just doesn't seem normal anymore.
Christmas Eve day Caleb showed up unannounced and spent hours and I mean hours with the kids in the basement. He brought his wii. Talk about entertainment. It was great because I was able to deep clean the house. Then we went to my sister D's house and went sledding. Her backyard is literally the mountains in Farmington. What a blast. Thanks to two of the uncles we narrowly missed the ER. They encouraged my kids to start at the top of the very steep hill with saucers. Seeing how I have taught them to obey their elders they did as they were told. I won't name names here but just a reminder that Jake while you were encouraging I was getting your boy ready for sledding and Caleb what goes around comes around wait until you have kids and see what Prest teaches them. hahaha
Christmas Day was great. My parents came over the night before so I wouldn't be alone. I am so truly blessed. They got up with the kids and we all opened presents together while Dad set up Luke's car tracks and Mom shot everyone with her nerf gun the kids got her. We then played an arousing game of Snorta. Totally fun game, if you come to visit we must play. Later on we went to Chris' parents and spent the evening there. It was great to hang out with them and not have to do anything but just be there.
The rest of the vacation was spent playing with friends, and going to families.
So glad school is back. Next week I start a new project. I am painting Chris' cousins room for her. I will get pics of that, it is going to be so cute. I love painting when Chris is gone so I have something to keep me busy.
I have also started running again and training for tri's. I can't wait to get back on the road and in the water. It is going to be a good year.
Last but not least I can say that Chris gets home this year. Yeah for us!!!

5 comments:

Coil Fam said...

That pretty much sums it up. Good job including everything, except the shooting everyone, I did NOT shoot everyone! Sadie is too cute to shoot. So there...

Kim said...

the bread was so good! Thanks for sharing (even if I only got a tiny piece it was good). So glad you had a good Christmas! We need to have you over and play that game soon!

Thanks for everything you do for us!

Erin said...

What a great couple of weeks! Please, please, please teach me how to make bread. love you!

Lindsey Ramage said...

Thanks Aubrey your the best! Please Please Please teach Erin how to make bread! Love that you updated!!

D said...

Thansk for posting all of that. I wanted to make bread, but didn't know the exact measurments of everything then I got on here and wow there it is. Today was fun thanks for the history lesson Luke. Love you guys.