Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday MOM!

I would post a pic of my wonderful mom but since she takes most of them and I don't have all my pics on the computer yet, I don't have one. So let me just tell you about my mom.
Two weeks ago I had a melt down. Things were breaking, hadn't heard from Chris and finally just hit the wall. I didn't tell anyone what was going on, but as soon as I heard her voice on the phone I broke down. It's funny, I am married have 4 kids and when stuff hits the fan I can put on a good face but as soon as I hear her voice I loose it. She said she was getting off work and coming up. I told her not too. She still came. Took care of the kids, helped around the house, and saved my day. That is the kind of mom I have. She has always put me first and not just me but the whole family. She will do whatever it takes for us to be happy in life. She has always served others. I remember many dinners where she was making way too much. We would ask why and her response was that someone in the ward just had surgery, or were sick, or had a baby. Sometimes she did it because she was guided by the spirit. She has always been guided by the spirit. Her life is centered around Christ; therefore around us; her family.
So here is to my MOM. The woman who gave birth to me, who raised me, who loved me unconditionally, who will do whatever it takes to make sure I am well cared for, who loves my family, who loves to laugh, who loves to be with the family, who includes everyone, who has a testimony and lives it daily. She doesn't teach it; she does it. I love you MOM! I am thankful for you and I am very blessed to have you.
Love Me

3 comments:

Shay said...

Such true words Aub. She loves you so much and has been a lifesaver to all of us at many times. Love you.

Jared and Lauren said...

Your mom is amazing!!

Erin said...

You said it right. We are so lucky to have her in the family. I love her to death!