Wednesday, May 27, 2009

OUCH!

My mom has always had noisy knees. Early in the morning we would hear her crunch up and down the stairs. If my brothers and I stayed up late we could hear her crunch down the stairs and hurry to turn off the tv and "sleep."

So a few years ago my mom broke her foot. She was at the beach with my brother in Maine. She slipped and twisted her ankle. At the time she didn't think anything of it. She just wanted to get home because I was being induced with Abigail and she knew that I would need the help. She didn't tell anyone and months later she ended up having surgery on her foot. Well it didn't fully heal and so a couple of extra surgeries and a couple of years in the boot she finally healed. Then a couple of weeks ago she was taking off her pantyhose and popped her knee. It didn't feel to good, but again she didn't think anything of it. This is on her good leg that she used to compensate for her ankle. A few days later she noticed that her good ankle was all bruised. She couldn't figure out why because it was her knee that was hurting. She finally went into the docs and he said that all the blood from her knee ran into her foot and she will now need surgery on her knee. I wonder if the surgery will fix the crunch? I am sooo sorry mom. You have always put us first even when you are hurting. I will do what it takes to help you recover. I need you this next year to be healthy so you can help us all through whatever may come our way. I love you so much.

No comments: