Monday, April 27, 2009

Do I have to cry?

This wednesday is the funeral for Chris' grandpa. Tonight we were talking to the kids about what was going to happen and how they needed to act.

A: "There will be a lot of people there that will be crying. So you need to be prepared for that."
P: "So do I need to fake cry?"

To say the least Amy (Chris' sister) started to laugh so hard I thought she was going to cry.

By the way we are sad for Peggy (Chris' step-mom) but Grandpa Tidwell was 97 years old and lived a very good life and never lived in a nursing home, and he passed away peacefully.

5 comments:

Shay said...

Thanks for sharing, I love the honesty in kids. Hope everything goes well. Love and Miss you.

Coil Fam said...

I love the honesty of kids too. I sometimes think we need to put a sign on the pulpit for Fast Sunday that says, "Crying not required". Some adults use crying as a meter for their spirituality. If you don't cry during your testimony, then you must not have one. Your kids are awesome and you are awesome parents for teaching them about this process.

Thanks for updating the blog.

D said...

Good luck with everything tomorrow, hope everything goes well with the kids. Love ya and I am sad were not watch Abbie and Luke. Sammie just walks around the house all day saying "Luke and Abbie, Abbie and Luke". She loves them so much. I love that she can play with them and interact with them on a highet level now. We will have a fun summer. Love ya lots D.

Erin said...

That is so cute. Preston is so innocent. I love it!

Kathryn said...

I love the way kids think. That is really sweet. Hope everything goes well. I am sorry for your loss.