Monday, April 27, 2009

Need to rest

Saturday night our fam went to Olive Garden in Salt Lake City. It is about an hours drive for my family but we went to meet Erin for her Birthday. Plus I love to drive. So Chris had Lukers in the van and was going to stop at the store then go home and I had the two girls. He called me on my cell to tell me that Luke had fallen asleep and he was going straight home. So later that night I tucked the older kids into bed and noticed that Luke was still in his play clothes. Very unusual for that kid. He refuses to go to bed unless he is in jams. So at about 2:17am Luke came and got Chris. This is what happened.

Chris trying to get jams on Luke at around 8:00pm.
L: "Dad I need a rest."
2:17am
L: "Dad I am done resting now. Can you help me get my jammies on brush my teeth and say my prayers?"

Chris the wonderful father he is lets me sleep and he helped Luke get ready for bed.

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Yes, Lukee does love his jams. He better find a work from home job, because he thinks wearing his jams all day is the best thing ever. Sitting here in my nylons after seminary, I have to agree with him. I wonder what the seminary principle would say if I showed up in flannel and slippers?

D said...

I love that story. He is so cute. When we were all at dinner he said "D, touch my hair, but don't touch it too hard or it will poke you cause its sharp." He is so proud of his new look. It sure does make him look a lot bigger now. Can you believe he is your baby? I love writting all of this wonderful memories down. We need to find a place that will print our blog pages out so we don't loose all are posts. Love ya D.

Erin said...

Luke is such a doll. I love hearing everything that comes out of that little boys mouth:)